Bryker Woods Monthly Meeting Tuesday, April 21st at the Bryker Woods Elementary School Library.
1) One topic of discussion will be the zoning and FLUM change request NPA-2015-0027.01 C14 2015-0023 for 1506 West 34th Street – requested land use/zoning change. (The Central West Austin Combined Neighborhood Plan Contact Team will meet Tuesday, March 31, 2015 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Howson Public Library, 2500 Exposition Blvd. You are welcomed to attend and voice your thoughts there as well.) We will also discuss Item 2 below. Also keep an eye out for details regarding BWNA Picnic on the Parkway later in April!
2) Meeting Notice from MileStone Community Builders for Thursday, April 2, 2015.
MileStone Community Builders invites you to a Planning Meeting about the creation of a community near you. Planning Meeting To Review Conceptual Master Plan Thursday, April 2, 2015 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM Smith Auditorium at Congregation Beth Israel 3901 Shoal Creek Blvd.
BWNA has been participating with other neighborhood organizations for several years on the future of this site. The development of the Bull Creek property will impact Bryker Woods. The quality and density of the project will determine whether the impact is positive or negative. For those of you that attend, please let us know your thoughts and concerns. Milestone will be looking for support (or lack thereof) so your feedback is important to us.
3) Camp Mabry Annual Open House and American Heroes Air Show on April 18-19, 2015 at Camp Mabry. This year’s Air Show will feature the Traveling Vietnam Wall, a naturalization ceremony, helicopter demonstration, WWII battle reenactments and much more. Home – Texas Military Remember to bring your photo ID . You will need to enter on 35th Street near Pecos.
4) Mopac South Toll Road& Elevated Bridge (over Lady Bird Lake) Proposed Plan Community Forum
Date: Tuesday, March 31 @ 6:00-7:30pm
Location: Austin High School Cafeteria (1715 W. Cesar Chavez)
• Travis County Commissioner Brigid Shea
• Austin Mayor Steve Adler
• Austin Mayor Pro Tem Kathie Tovo
• Austin Council Member Ann Kitchen
• Rollingwood Mayor Thom Farrell
• AISD Trustee Amber Elenz
• Austin High School
Please attend the March 31st forum to learn about the proposal to construct four toll lanes on Mopac, between Cesar Chavez and Slaughter Lane. The proposal includes elevated lanes over Lady Bird Lake with a flyover next to Austin High School onto Cesar Chavez.